Last year the Trevor Noah Foundation partnered with the Young African Leaders Initiative Regional Leadership Center Southern Africa (YALI RLC-SA) to invest in a new generation of young African champions for education quality.
Educators from across Southern Africa pitched their innovative projects designed to improve educational outcomes in their schools and communities, and finalists were selected to receive grants to implement their projects. See the journey of four of our grantees from the programme.
Now in its second year running, we are excited to announce that applications for Cohort #2 are officially open.
Programme implementation will be completed in two phases: 1) four weeks of intensive classroom training focused on foundational leadership skills and the application of business and public institution management tools for the education sector and 2) six months of post-graduation coaching and mentoring. The programme will also include site visits and live case studies using highly interactive methodologies.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Young leaders, Ages (18-35)
- Demonstrated commitment to positively impact their communities, countries, and the African continent
- Involvement and/or experience in the Education sector
- Nationals of Angola, Botswana, Comoros, Lesotho, Malawi, Madagascar, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, Eswatini, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- Ability to commit to a four-week residential training program
- English language proficiency
The program encourages applications from:
- Young African Leaders in the education sector i.e. principals, teachers, education enterprises or nonprofits, and policymakers
- Rural based and economically disadvantaged young leaders
- Young leaders with disabilities
- People who are HIV positive or living with AIDS
- Individuals that represent and advocate for the rights of LGBTI communities across the region
- Other minority groups
There is no fee to apply for or participate in the programme. To apply, visit https://tinyurl.com/ECMCohort2. The closing date is 26 March 2021. For assistance contact: +27 11 652 0317 / 0354 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
For more information on the programme, visit https://trevornoahfoundation.org/education-changemakers/
Good already applied this year also
Wonderful! Wishing you the best of luck! Please share with your network. 🙂
Would like to enroll for this program as a policy engaging Social worker at Gauteng Department of Social Development
Hi Minah, Thanks for your comment and enthusiasm! Please click here to apply. We look forward to receiving your application.
I saw this on instagram but I like to blog comment today.
Why did you stop half way the continent of Africa? Just add the rest of the Countries next year.
Thank you once again for the great work you are constantly doing
When will Liberia be included in the selected countries?